Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Television is not a teacher.


If anyone wants to break away from America and really see the world, India is a good start.


That said, I love my country. I grew up with a wonderful house in Orange County, California. We had a cat, I went to a top high school, I had friends of every color and background. I had a caring home with good parents and siblings. I was loved, and above all I was safe. My neighborhood was so safe I could ride my bike to the park alone when I was very young. We had things. By things I mean Nintendo, one of the first families to have a computer, or the internet, or AOL when it was first released. I had everything I needed or wanted as a growing child. I had a wonderful life and I love my country for that, I really do.

But, there comes a time where you need to leave the comfort of the good ol' U.S.A. It's almost like this cocoon we've grown up in, completely insulated from the outside world. Sure we can read about it, search the internet, watch videos, read the news. But no matter how old you get you will not never gain true wisdom by staying in one place your whole life.

It is my firm belief that to truly understand Earth, you must travel her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Mary's Travels (so far!)