Thursday, January 28, 2010

Finding My Zen in 2010.


This is Yogi Master Santosh, one of the kids in the AIC residential program. During a study session on the roof the other day he busted out some yoga poses to absolute perfection, definitely put my poses to shame! He told me they get to practice yoga at school, how cool is that? When you think about it, of course they do, why wouldn't they? But it didn't stop me from wishing my school had yoga when I was kid.

On a related topic, since I have started working with Ashraya Initiative for Children here in Pune, I've spent a lot of time just adjusting to the craziness of AIC. Trying to find where I could most fit in, where I am most useful. Most of the volunteers live in an apartment near the residential house. So they tend to be always available to the kids. Due to my distance from town, unreliable drivers, and all the general hassles that came with moving to India...I have not had the amount of time with the kids that I would have liked too. BUT, that all changes now. Since I finally settled in India and have a reliable car and driver on my hands I am hoping to spend a lot more time in the residential house/outreach center and a lot less time at home.

The new year has literally brought a new year for me here in India, and I don't want to waste a moment of it. There is so much I want to do here. So much. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Mary's Travels (so far!)